Double-boiled Bird’s Nest Soup with Silky Chicken Dumpling and Ginseng
Ingredients (serves four)
|8 pieces||Red Dates|
|8 pieces||Dumpling Skin|
|A pinch of Salt|
|A handful of chopped Coriander|
1. Debone and skin the Black Chicken.
2. Mince the chicken meat and save the carcass. Braise the Black Chicken carcass with American Ginseng, Almonds, Red Dates and Wolfberries for five hours.
3. Wrap the mixture of minced Black Chicken meat with Chestnuts, Parsley and a pinch of Salt in the Dumpling Skin.
4. After soaking the Bird’s Nest in mineral water for one hour, add it to the soup from earlier and simmer for 45 minutes.
5. Add the wantons to the soup and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Martin Foo from the Tunglok Group. This article first appeared in NATURA magazine issue No.3. Find NATURA at Eu Yan Sang retail outlets, newsstands and major bookstores in Singapore.