Why kidney flush?
Our kidneys perform several life-sustaining roles: They filter about 180 litres of blood everyday, removing excess fluid and toxic waste metabolised by liver cells through urination. Kidneys maintain the balance of salt and minerals in our blood, controlling blood pH and regulating blood pressure.
When our kidneys are unable to process toxins efficiently, kidney stones will form. It is a crystallisation of unprocessed mineral buildup, causing pain, and possible blockage of urine flow.
Inadequate fluid intake, high intake of animal protein, high-salt or excessive sugar intakes, acidic drinks such as carbonated drinks, beer, coffee and tea can cause stone formation. People with medical conditions such as gout, diabetes, high blood pressure; and those on long-term medication are at higher risk
of developing kidney stones. Besides, emotions such as fear and anxiety cause further stress on our kidneys
When do you do it?
Kidney REtreat is not only for people who are diagnosed with kidney stones. It should be done at least once a year even for a healthy person, to purify and revitalise the kidneys.
• Back pain and blood in the urine
• Burning sensation when urinate
• Cloudy and bad smelling urine
• Water retention
• Bone related problems, especially at the knee, lower back and teeth
• Cold hands and feet (sign of poor blood circulation)
• Prone to skin allergy and infections
• Insomnia, fatigue
• Ear infection, tinnitus
• Hair fall
• Blur vision
• Premature aging, dull and sluggishness
• Sexual dysfunction
• Often experience emotional stress such as worry, fear and anxiety
DURATION: 10 days
REMEDY (amount required):
Lemon Juice*† 10 bottles (200ml each)
Remark:For adolescents (10–14 years old), reduce the portion to half.
Take 6 fresh organic lemons or 1 bottle of lemon juice (200ml) daily for 10 days consecutively. Dilute the juice with at least 1.5 litres of drinking water. You may add honey to taste.
Citric acid from the lemon will dissolve the stones into fine sand-like particles which will be passed out through urination.
Those with lots of kidney stones may feel some pain during the REtreat. To reduce the discomfort, extend the REtreat period from 10 days to 20 days by drinking half bottle(100ml) of lemon juice diluted with 1.5 litres of water daily.
1. Drink plenty of water to enhance elimination and to prevent more kidney stones from forming.
2. Drink the diluted lemon juice mixture with a straw or rinse your mouth with water after drinking to prevent frequent contact of lemon juice with the tooth enamel.
3. Adopt a vegetarian diet or cut down on animal protein. Go on a low fat and low salt diet throughout the REtreat.
4. After the Kidney REtreat, you may drink 2 teaspoons of organic lemon juice everyday before breakfast to keep your kidneys healthy.
5. Lemons are incredibly alkaline food and are rich in Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. You may experience an improved skin condition, increased energy level, reduced body odour and better bowel movement during or after the Kidney REtreat. Besides, lemon juice helps to promote calcium absorption and prevent osteoporosis.
6. The following organic herbs and beans have natural diuretic properties helpful for kidney cleansing. Consume throughout the REtreat:
• Birch tea
• Stinging nettle tea
• Corn hair/silk tea
• Dandelion tea
• Rosehip tea
• Black beans, red kidney bean