Lotus & Ginseng with Black-boned Chicken Soup
Ingredients (serves ten)
|1||Black-boned Chicken (skinned)|
|2 slices||Fresh Ginger|
|2 strips||Green Onions(sliced thinly)|
|1 tablespoon||Ginger Liquer|
|A little||White Pepper Powder|
1. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and scald them with hot water.
2. Cook the lotus seed for 15 minutes.
3. Place all the ingredients into a double boiler; add water until it covers all the ingredients. Double boil for 1 ½ hour.
4. Add salt to taste.
• In TCM, the Kidneys are responsible for normal growth, especially in the early years. This recipe influences the reproductive system by improving hormonal functions.
• This recipe looks black when it is done. Recipes that influence the sexual functions are popularly called black recipes. Hence this recipe is useful for weak sexual drive (for both men & women) and can be used to improve fertility and encourage normal growth in children.
The recipes on this website are crafted and referenced from time-tested practices of Traditional Chinese herbalogy and classical Chinese medical texts. Readers should use their own discretion before incorporating the recipes into their diet and consult their doctor if they have any medical conditions.
Special Thanks to:
Mr Lee Jok Keng for concepts, general editing and comments on the recipes.